Monday, February 15, 2010

New Creations and my Craft Space

As promised... Here are a few creations from this past weekend! These creations don't look like much but I made multiples of each. In addition, I didn't have all my supplies with me. Ideally I don't like the chocolate skinny ribbon on this card but it had to work! Also- "Tess" is totally paper pieced. I stamped "Tess" onto blush blossom, summer sun, rose red and Sweet Pea DSP and cut out each one individually! Tess is just so hip!!!!!! In person it looks awesome!!!!


The entire card! Its going to be someone special who's having surgery soon....

Then we have creations from the new stamp set "Always"... I wanted the pink to go around the card but I didn't do it right... so I ended up this way and I still like it! Its very simple but so pretty! Something about chocolate and pink together with the kraft cardstock. Such a yummy combo! I got this idea from Heather Summers site and one of her classes. Her blog is my first stop on the track to inspiration station!


This is a card I CASE'd from Mary Jo Albrights blog. I LOVE her ideas! But I especially love this one because it uses the Fox and Friends stamp set from the Mini Catalog. I think I love it because its perfect for kids... and since I have a lil' guy at home with me its perfect for him and his buddies!!!!!


Here are all 3 of my creations!!!! It takes me forever sometimes to make a card when I'm out in "public"... I do so much better when I'm at home, in my craft room... with all my supplies and let my mind go and just create. For me- its a form of therapy in this crazy hectic world we live in.


Now onto my craft room (aka OFFICE) Since I work at home typically full time as my "real" job, everything is in this little room in the house. I'm going to paint the room soon and make it more of a "girl" zone (since I live with boys!) Although I do have a pink bathroom that nobody has complained about yet! I think they secretly love it!!! Ha ha

Okay... now onto some pics!!!

Here is my new embellishment shelf! I LOVE it however it is supposed to hold ribbon.. and I have so much ribbon it won't hold it! That is in a big box in one of the shelves you'll see below. My new item is buttons! I adore them! And I don't use them like I want to either!


Here's my new little bookcase. Each of the little boxes has embellishments in them, cards, cello bags, envelopes, photos, stickers, etc... My "BIG SHOT" (my favorite!) is up on the left. Fabric is stored in the lower left bottom shelf. The 3 tiered boxes have adhesives in it, and general office supplies. without those labeled I know exactly what is in what!


Here's how the room looks when I walk in.... the photo makes it look so bright but its really more soft/subtle. And yeah- I know that red blanket really doesn't match anything but its fleece, and its cozy to wrap up in when I'm working. I got it at Target for 1.99! Cheap enough!!!

Here's my big shelf from IKEA.. its stock full of "stuff" (my husband would use a different word) My ink pads are on the top some pictures, my adhesive gun... That big basket on the floor holds all my Big Shot dies (right now!) But I need to find a new solution. You get the idea... Most of my paper, my designer paper, 3D altered items... Tons of "stuff"...





Here's a snapshot of my "Embellies Station".... and my pink lamp I got at IKEA (Love it!)



No comments: